Athletics Auckland Junior Championships 2021
Athletics Auckland Junior Athletic Championships 2021
With the Government announcement today, the Junior Delegates made up of Club Representatives have prepared for the possibility that the current Community outbreak and Lockdown will impact on whether we can hold our Championships for a further time. The COVID-19 situation is fluid and we have continually had to adapt and change our plans.
For the event to go ahead with 500 athletes not including parents, officials, and spectators, we will need to be at Level 1.
Auckland will move to Level 2 from Sunday 7th until Friday 12th March and then the government will review if we can return to Level 1 next Saturday. Unfortunately, the timing of the review does not give us enough certainty for our event to proceed as planned.
Clubs, parents, and athletes should be mindful that there is a lot of work going on in the background, but it is our priority to ensure our biggest event of the season can still go ahead.
The following is the plan for the Athletics Auckland Junior Championships as of today 5 March 2020.
- 1500m finals for 10–14-year-olds will be held on Friday 12 March at Mt Smart Stadium. This will be at Level 2 with a maximum of 100 people able to enter the stadium including officials and athletes. More information to follow.
- The 2-day programme will now be held on the 20 and 21 March at Massey Park Papakura NOT 13 and 14 March 2021.
If for whatever reason we cannot hold the Championships on the 20 and 21 March, we have an option of holding it on the 27 and 28th March at Massey Park.
Top 10 will no longer be held on the 21st of March. A decision on an alternative date is pending.
- We will endeavour to provide a full refund if athletes are unable to participate because of the change in dates.
- Entries are now closed and will not be reopened.
- No partial refunds will be given i.e. If a child withdraws from one event, they must withdraw from all events over the 2 days.
- If Auckland Junior Champs are Postponed to 20 and 21st March and athletes are unable to compete on the new dates. The cancellations and refund requests need to be in by the 11 March at 11.59pm.
- Cancellations should be made to: email@example.com . Please include the athletes full name, grade, number of events entered and the amount to be refunded.
- Refund requests should be emailed to your club. Please include the athletes full name, grade, number of events entered and the amount to be refunded. These will be collated, and a list sent to Athletics Auckland for payment. Clubs will be reimbursed the amount owing to distribute individually to athletes.
We are trying our best to ensure the Auckland Junior Athletics Championships go ahead. Please check your club face book pages or the Athletics Auckland web page for any updates.