Auckland Track & Field Championships
AAI T&F CHAMPIONSHIPS UNDER RED TRAFFIC LIGHT . Updated 8/2/22
With the Government announcement placing NZ in Red we have had to reschedule the Athletics Auckland Track & Field Championships.
The new dates are
Saturday 5 February,
Wednesday 9 February,
Saturday 12 February
and Sunday 13 February.
SATURDAY 12TH AND SUNDAY 13TH PARKING & STADIUM ENTRY.
As we have the #3 Field for Warm Up the Entry and Parking Locations are different.
- Park in O’Rorke Road Car Park
- Enter stadium through the Changing Room Check In Lane as per previous Championship Days.
- Car Parking is accessed from O’Rorke Road. After entry take the first RH turn and proceed to the triangular car park (Car Park #2 on Map)
- Walk from the car park through to Beasley Ave and enter via the double gates at the end of Beasley Ave.
- Please sit in the allocated seating within the stand.
- Athletes. Use the the main Toilet Block (at entry)
- Spectators. PortALoos have been provided adjacent to the Beasley Ave Entrance.
ATHLETE WARM UP AREA:
- The #3 Field is available for Warm Up
- Athletes must go to the zone specified on the programme time table.
- No implements are to be thrown on this field.
- Practice Throws and Jumps will be provided at the competition site.
- Under the Red Traffic Light System we are only permitted 100 Spectators due to toilet availability
- Security will control assess to the stadium
- Please leave the stadium asap to allow other spectators to enter
- Athletes too much leave the stadium once their event/s have been completed.
- Any athletes competing in more than one event and remaining in the stadium until their next event must sit in the reserved section of the Stand. Access is from the Track.
- The O’Rorke Road End of the Stadium is restricted to athletes only.
- No Spectators, or athletes will be able to walk beyond the Photo Finish end of the lounge building.
AAI T&F CHAMPIONSHIPS UNDER RED TRAFFIC LIGHT .
There are several points to note:
- All athletes, spectators, coaches must show their Vaccine Pass to gain entry to Mt Smart Stadium.
- Only registered athletes can compete. If you have not registered yet, please do so immediately.
- Track events will be timed finals.
- No call room will be used. However, athletes will enter through a dedicated entrance where vaccine passes and event entry will be checked.
- We will have scheduled arrival times to keep the numbers under the Covid restrictions.
- Athletes on entry will go to a designated warmup area prior to competition.
- After competition we ask that athletes leave the stadium unless they have another event later in the day. Between events athletes must sit in the reserved section in the stand
- No bib numbers will be issued.
- Hip numbers for track events will be issued at the warmup areas.
- We do apologize for any potential inconvenience. However, we are very pleased to be able to run the Championships under Red conditions. It will require the cooperation and understanding of everyone involved.
Before entering, please read the technical regulations. Please note the new requirement to state the make and model of competition shoes at time of entry. More information is in the technical regulations here updated 4 February under Covid Protection Framework Red
Entries have now closed. No late entries will be accepted under any circumstances.